There are a lot of new year posts about being grateful. I have many reasons to be grateful. I need a list on my wrist to remind me, now there’s one good reason for a tattoo!
In the spirit of JusJoJan, I am jotting down a few of the many things that sneak past my grateful radar.
1. The people who still bother to contact me when I haven’t been the best communicator.
2. The knowledge that even though I dread returning to work next week, I’ll be happy to see my colleagues again.
3. I am grateful that although I’m usually more socially paranoid than I need to be, my fears are usually not justified. It’s not that bad. Breathe, it’s OK.
4. I flush my toilet and water my garden with drinking water (and yes, I have a toilet. Actually, this is in the uber grateful/guilty category)
5. I wanted children, and got two lovely souls. (Yes, I do forget some days, I should never forget this gift)
6. They say Be the person your dog thinks you are. My dogs know me better than that.
7. Why did I take so long to learn the benefits of coffee? But I know now, and it helps me write. Yay!
8. There are people in my life whom I love and who love me unconditionally (but I won’t push it if you don’t) 🙂
9. I’m very grateful for creative juices I didn’t know I had. Perhaps they’re still covert, but it’s enough.
10. Blogging is more than I expected. As Holistic Wayfarer says, it can teach you more than uni.
11. I don’t live in the Middle Ages when towns were raided and pillaged; women were raped, murdered, accused of being a witch/Catholic/Protestant, people died young and penicillin hadn’t been invented.
12. I am grateful for things I have that others don’t, now, in 2014. But it isn’t enough for me to be grateful. Perhaps I should be grateful for the stimulus, the opportunity for change, through social media?
13. And of course Mr Curly’s Annual Spring Concert for Ducks.
Thanks Linda! Thanks to all who are reading this.
Happy New Year. 🙂